Small Group Study Rooms
Capacity of 4 / Minimum of 2 to Reserve
*Health Sciences students, faculty and staff only
All group members must be Health Sciences students, faculty, or staff and must be present to enter the room
STUDY ROOMS CLOSE 30 MINUTES BEFORE THE LIBRARY CLOSES
When making a reservation you agree to adhere to and abide by all Terms & Conditions listed below. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the Library.
Study Room Reservations: Terms & Conditions
- Exclusive use of Study Rooms is reserved for Howard University Health Sciences students, faculty and staff.
- Rooms may not be scheduled for course instruction, office hours or non-health sciences related study.
- Patrons may schedule rooms:
- Up to one week in advance.
- For a maximum of 4 times per week.
- For a maximum of 4 hours per session.
- The entire group must be present and submit ID’s to library staff at the reservation time. Partial groups will not get access.
- All group members must be HU Health Sciences students or faculty.
- Patrons with a reservation who do not show up within 15 minutes of their requested slot will automatically forfeit their reservation.
- If the patron has three (3) no-show’s they forfeit their ability to make future reservations at the discretion of library staff.
- Library staff reserves the right to enter any group study room at any time without prior permission of the occupants.
- Study room privacy is not guaranteed.
- Any obstruction of the windows is prohibited
- Occupants may not post signs (e.g. Occupied, Do Not Disturb, Keep Out, etc.)
- No food is permitted in the study rooms. If you are found with food you may be asked to leave, at the discretion of library staff.
- You agree to pick up after yourselves and to leave the room in a clean and organized condition. Excess trash left in the room may result in a fine, at the discretion of library staff.
- Please keep the group volume to a reasonable level. Groups creating excess noise may be asked to leave.
- Sleeping, cooking, card playing partying, painting, music, club meetings and/or any activities that are disruptive to others are not permitted and may result in dismissal from the library.
- Any room/equipment destruction, smoking, physical altercation or any illegal activity in the library study rooms will result in, at the Library’s discretion, an immediate call to campus police and a permanent ban from the LSHSL library.
- Neither the Library nor the University is responsible for unattended, lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.
- Unattended personal property may not be used to “hold” a room by any individual or group.
- Unattended personal property left in an unoccupied study room may be removed by library staff and taken to the Library’s lost and found (located at front desk).